- General and History
- Distribution in the past and today
- Breeding aims
- Processing and products
- Non-Governmental organisations
DescriptionThe Pommernente was formerly widespread in Germany and is among the last Landenten in Europe. The amenable animals with the characteristic white Torso have very good meat and can lay eggs at a surprising rate.
General and HistoryThis race originated in Vorpommern, where it was bred since the middle 19th century. Landenten with white Torsos were also widespread in Europe.
Distribution in the past and todayOriginally in Vorpommern and Uckermark, today in all of Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
UtilizationMeat and eggs
KeepingOutside, ideally on Meadows with open water, also in rough climate
Breeding aimsIn Germany a black and a blue type are bred.
PerformanceThere are different Statements on the laying performance: The German and Austrian types lay about 70-100 blue-green eggs from late winter to July, the Swiss types reach 150 eggs and more.
The high Quality of the breast meat is praised. Male ducks produce about 3kg and female ones about 2kg. The dark Colour of the skin after plucking is an optic pattern and is not a sign of poor Quality.
Processing and productsEggs Need to be thoroughly cooked (about 10 minutes)
Non-Governmental organisations· Züchterverein für ursprüngliches Nutzgeflügel (ZUN), Frau Astrid Spiri, Bühlstrasse 26, CH-9217 Neukirch an der Thur/TG, Telefon +41 (0)71 642 48 11, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.zun-schweiz.ch
· ProSpecieRara, Unter Brüglingen 6, 4052 Basel, Telefon +41 (0) 61 545 99 11, www.prospecierara.ch
· Arche Austria, Dipl.-Ing. Florian Schipflinger, Geschäftsstelle Westendorf, Oberwindau 67, 6363 Westendorf, Tel.: 0043 (0) 664 519 22 86, email@example.com, www.arche-austria.at
· Bund Deutscher Rassegeflügelzüchter e.V., Präsident: Christoph Günzel, Am Busch 5, 01920 Haselbachtal OT Reichenbach, Telefon 0049 (0) 3 57 95 / 36 416, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.bdrg.de
· Gesellschaft zur Erhaltung alter und gefährdeter Haustierrassen e.V. (GEH), Egert Reinhard; Rassebetreuer, Mühlbachstr. 29, D-19386 Gallin-Kuppentin, Tel.: +49 (0)170/5458923